Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lilly's Here

Lilly's sleeping in Burbank!  I hope by now you got the call regarding the fact that this little girl might be preggers.   I still took her since I didn't think that would be a reason to NOT pick her up.  Plus I had already signed the paperwork.  She's my priority for the week, so if there is somewhere she should get spayed, let me know where to take her.

I can make a better assessment after tonight, but so far I haven't heard her cough not does she have any nasal discharge.  She is a loud breather, but I can't say it sounds terribly labored.  And she tore into the toys I had like she was perfectly fine. :)  She panted a lot while playing and getting all worked up giving kisses and hugs, but since she's been relaxing she's not panting.

She definitely has small patches of fur missing, and right around the eyes, so if you find out what to do with Murphy's Oil, please let me know!

From what I can tell she was given one round of meds for kennel cough a month ago, then given the bad med for skin on 8/30 prescribed for 30 days, and then on 8/31 was put back on antibiotics for kennel cough because of nasal discharge...but could the discharge been a reaction to the bad skin meds?

If she is indeed pregnant, I don't imagine any of these medications could be good for the pups.  Is there any vet she could go to just to check in on everything--including whether or not she is pregnant or can be spayed?

I'm going to take her for a short walk before bed now; I'll write more in the morning and try to get some good pics of her.  She really is quite a sweetheart!  Got some good stories already but since she's been sleeping for the past hour I figure I should hit the hay now so I'm ready when she wakes me up at dawn!

-stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment