Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another Transport...and an Update

The following is the mass email about my first transport after the grand summer adventure directed not to those I transported for, but those who received my emails along the way that summer.  The original email includes an update on every dog that rode shotgun with me.  I've edited it that out here, so you might have the experience of reading their updates right after you get to know them in the book.

So, after over three months of trying to get a transport, I had my first one last night and today.  Karen, who I got Freeman from, needed another Frenchie to get to Blythe, AZ where his fostermom would pick him and drive him to his temporary home in Phoenix, AZ.

Even though his markings remind me more of a Gizmo from the Gremlins, his name is Simba.  He was living the OC life down near San Diego.  He's a year old, and in those 12 months, one owner gave him up, then a pregnant woman with three other dogs and a husband adopted him only to realize once the baby was born that 4 dogs was too much to handle.  Her mother was kind enough to take him in, but apparently the France-England grudge from centuries ago is carried out today in the canines:  he and her english bulldog didn't much like each other and ended up in one too many altercations.

So, he was then sent to be boarded/temp fostered with a lovely professional petsitter in Santa Rancho Margerita, where for the past week he was hanging out with her other frenchie, Bugsy, and her sweet mastiff, Warrior.  There were no altercations and it was one big happy family.  She wanted to keep him, but couldn't.  So I picked him up yesterday afternoon to spend the night with him and then hand him off in Corona, CA (about an hour away) where another volunteer made the long haul to Blythe, CA.

Simba is awesome.  Despite being tossed around, he still makes attachments.  Eventually someone is going to realize he's a keeper.  He's a snugglebug, always having to be in contact with you even when he's just gnawing on his nylabone.  This morning he was chewing on a toy on my lap and actually fell asleep in the middle of it.  I thought his tooth was stuck on it--but nope, he just fell asleep with it in his mouth.  Like all the youtube videos of pugs, he too, has the habit of falling asleep and then falling over--rather than the more efficient procedure of lying down, then snoozing.

He's not up on the adoption page yet, but he will be on this page (and I'm sure he'll be adopted quickly!):

http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/htdocs/available.html

And here's the following updates on my other pups:

...you'll have to read Precious Cargo: The Journey Home for that...
...but until then, please enjoy the more recent adventures with my new charges as this blog picks up where the book left off...

No comments:

Post a Comment