Saturday, November 24, 2007

Simba's on the Road


Hi Karen,

Obviously Melissa is aware that I dropped off Simba at noon...figured you might want to know as well. :)  By now he's probably almost to Jessica if not already there.

We had fun last night.  He is quite the cuddlebug.  And he gets attached easily, as I found out when it was time to hand him over to Melissa and her dad.  I had a suspicion he was attached when I would use the bathroom only to come out and almost trip over him.  He would always be directly on the other side of a closed door. 

It's pretty amazing that a dog that has been tossed around so much in his little life still has the capacity to make attachments.  He's still willing to give us silly humans a chance.  And I'm sure the right adopter will come along and prove him right--that we're all not just going to hand him over to someone else.  He's a keeper.


Oh, and I think I forgot to mention the food thing.  The HUGE bag is from Deb, as it's the same brand as the small 1/2 quart that the previous owner had handed over (which ran out in three days)--just a different taste.  Deb said he gets 3/4 of a cup morning and evening, around 6-8am in the moring and 6-8pm in the evening.  I'm a late riser, so he ate around 8am this morning. 

No accidents in the house, and he was kind enough to wait till after I took a shower before we went for a brief walk before breakfast.  He's not one of those dogs who has to take his sweet time to poop and pee.  Any ol' place will do for the most part.  His stool was a little soft, but not bad.  He didn't bark again after I mentioned it last night and his itchiness wasn't too bad either. 

He's pretty laid back and go with the flow.  I do have a question since youtube is inundated with Pugs and Frenchies doing this--but is it purely a Pug & Frenchie thing to fall asleep WHILE SITTING then fall over, rather than lying down FIRST?  It's amusing to no end, mind you, but I didn't know if it was more prominent in one breed over another.



This morning about an hour after breakfast we sat down to play.  I have a raccoon pull/plush toy which I found out is not really great for short-snouted breeds.  It's a bit cumbersome and wide for their mouths--there's a lot of snorting involved when playing with it.  He lied down on my lap knawing on it and I thought it was stuck on his tooth.  But I was wrong.  He just fell asleep with it STILL IN HIS MOUTH!  He is one enormously cute dog.  He will make someone very very happy.




Here's a few snuggle pictures from last night... and yes, that's the fly on my jeans in case you were wondering.  I have to say 30 pounds of French Bulldog is much warmer than an electric blanket!



Let me know when he gets to Arizona and how's he doing!  It's been a pleasure spending the evening with him.

-stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment